Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Siblings

I am a middle child. I have an older brother named Phillip, and he's about 5yrs older than me. I have a younger brother named Josh and he's about a 1yr and a half younger. They are completely different from me. I love them, and sometimes I want to strangle them, but that's all siblings, right?
Both of my brothers are more logical and analytical thinkers. Phillip is an engineer and I'm not 100% sure what my brother does, but I know he's also in school right now. He took an intro to engineering class back in high school. They are both super smart. In grade school through high school they made As and Bs w/out even trying. Phillip did study more when he got to college. I, on the other hand, didn't. While they graduated high school w/ 3.5 or higher GPAs I had a 2.9. I have always struggled w/ school. I am smart, but not math wise or anything like that. I was always good at English and stuff like that. I could write a 5pg paper in one night and not hafta proof it but twice and get an A or a B on it (depended on the teacher).
They both have gotten married before me. Phillip got married to Daphne in Hawaii in 2008. It was awesome, bc the whole family got to go. I love Daphne. She is the sister I never had. She keeps Phillip in line and doesn't deal w/ his crap. I love my brother, and he knows it, but he can be a stubborn butt head a lot. They have 2 wonderful kids that I watch every week named Sean and Emily. Sean will be celebrating his 3rd birthday Monday! Emily will turn 2 September 15th.
My younger brother got married in 2010 to Timberlin. They went to the court house and got married, but we were all there for them. Josh was 18 (almost 19) and Timberlin had just turned 17. Our family was a little scared since it seemed like they rushed into this really fast, but Josh was also joining the airforce and would be leaving for bootcamp about a month after the married. They just had their first baby boy, Sebastian, on Thanksgiving of 2012. They are stationed out in Las Vegas, and it sucks! Timberlin wasn't due until Valentine's Day of this year, so it's been a little rough for that little man, and us. We all wanna meet him and hold him, but for now FaceTime will do.
I was a butt head older sister. I was mean to Josh growing up. I would dress him up and make him play barbies w/ me, and much much more. When we got older we had a huge fight, and Josh and I never really talked after that until Timberlin came in the picture. We've been getting better and talking a little bit more, but we never just call to say hi or check on each other. I blame myself for a lot of that, and I know it's my fault, but maybe one day we'll have a better and closer relationship.
Phillip and I would butt heads all the time, and at the same time I wanted to know everything he was doing and who he was dating. Every time he brought a new girlfriend over I would talk her ear off and try and tag along w/ Phillip and who ever it was. When he was going out w/ Rachel it was pretty bad, but Rachel was cool and didn't mind, but Phillip did every now and then. When he started going out w/ Daphne she was kinda shy at first, but I've really warmed up to her. I can talk to her about things and she comes at stuff from an unbiased point of view. If Phillip has really ticked me off I usually go to her for help, and it works. She helps me calm down and see things from his view.
Phillip helped raise Josh and me. During the summer mom and dad would work full time and Phillip would be stuck at home baby-sitting us. He gave up a lot, and he would take Josh and me to school as well. I love my big brother and thank him for everything he did. I remember  just sitting in front of the TV most summers and playing games w/ them or watching Dragon Ball Z. It's bc of my brothers that I am a gamer, and that is awesome. It's also bc of them that I'm into anime as well.
I love my brothers and I wouldn't give them up for anything, no matter how much I may want to kill them :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the story of my life. I am the mediator and always will be, and I'm perfectly fine with that. =)

    ReplyDelete