Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Holidays

I am one that is all about holidays, even the ones that are mainly there for just commercial use. My favorite holiday is Christmas, but not for commercial use. I love it because God gave us the greatest gift out there. He gave us His son, and then His son died for all of us, so that we may not fear death. I love being w/ family during Christmas, and I love giving presents. I like getting them too, but giving them makes me feel so much better. Chris and I are thinking about getting creative on Christmas after we get married. We're thinking of going and helping others out possibly, and not exchanging tons and tons of gifts.
I also love Independence day. Nothing says summer like hanging w/ friends, having a barbecue  and blowing stuff up. Ever since Chris and I have been together we always get together w/ our friend Nathan and we just start blowing everything up. We put all kinds of fireworks together, try to fire off 25 bottled rockets at once, and light a whole thing of firecrackers and throwing them. It's a miracle that none of us has ended up in the hospital yet.
New Year's is another fun holiday. We sometimes blow stuff up on this holiday, but not as much lately. I like looking back all night and remembering the pervious year and thinking what I can do to make the coming year better. I love giving Chris that first kiss of the year and toasting. It's always hard to think of resolutions, but I do, and I do my best to stick to them too.
I know that there are a ton of people that hate Valentine's Day, but I don't. I love any opportunity that I can get to give Chris a present. He has always been awesome and he gets me random presents every now and then, and he's always buying my dinner. I know most of you think "Well, he's the guy. He's supposed to", but I always like giving him stuff and treating him to stuff, because I don't  get the chance to do it very often.
Easter is awesome. I kinda think of it as the sequel to Christmas. I love that we celebrate Christ's resurrection  When I lived w/ my parents we would try to watch The Passion on Good Friday. Chris hasn't seen the movie, but I don't think that everyone has to see it. You should want to see it and not be forced into it, and I don't think he wants to see it, and he has his reasons, so I understand. It was very hard for me to see the first time. I don't like the Easter Bunny though. There should be more lambs on Easter in my opinion. When I was younger I loved going out and getting my Easter dress for Easter mass, and I still like finding cute dresses to wear for Easter services. I know that looking cute isn't what it's about. I am very thankful for the savior that we have :)
I also enjoy Thanksgiving. I love the time I get to spend w/ family, and it's not just my family, I get to spend time w/ Chris's family too. Somehow we manage to spend time w/ both families some years instead of just having to pick one. I'm not sure what we'll do if we end up in Baltimore, but we'll see.
Other holidays like Labor Day, President's Day, and Veteran's Day have awesome sales, and I try to make it out to take full advantage of them. I do like Veteran's Day. I like that our country has a day just to honor those who are serving or who have served and others that have died serving.
I can't really say much about Mother's and Father's day because I'm not a mother and Chris isn't a father. I used to try to make my mom stuff when I was little. I remember one year I tried to do breakfast in bed for her. My dad just wants to be left alone so that he can sleep in, and no complaining about what he wants to watch on TV. My dad's birthday falls on Mother's Day every now and then too, so I would do my best to be on best behavior for them when I was younger.
I know that's not all of the holidays, but those are the ones I enjoy. I can't think of holidays that I don't like. There are days I don't like, like the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. I am not a fan of losing an hour of sleep. Hope this post wasn't too boring haha

No comments:

Post a Comment