I don't have throngs of friends. I only have a handful of very close friends, and I wouldn't trade those relationships for anything. I have some friends that I've known since kindergarten and a few that I met when I was at Calhoun. These people are very special to me, and here is what I think should go on when we are friends w/ someone.
It's a 2-way road. You should both call/text one another. It shouldn't be one friends that's constantly trying to get in touch w/ the other, and the other is constantly blowing her off. That's not fair, and that's not a very good friendship in my opinion.
I don't believe in "frenemies". If you claim to be friends w/ someone then you shouldn't talk behind their back or anything else rude. You shouldn't try and sabotage an outfit just so that you look good and they look like an idiot. Who ever came up w/ that term needs to find some real friends. These kinds of relationships can seriously hurt a person and do some big time damage. I've never had one, bc I think that kind of stuff is just stupid. Being "friends" w/ someone bc of social status or something like that just shows how desperate for friends you are, and that person will take complete advantage of that and you, so don't let them.
I have a lot more guy friends than girl friends. Girls play mean when they get into fights, and I'm guilty of playing dirty as well, but I've had a few fights w/ a few guys friends and all we did was just sit down and talk it out, and sometimes we talked it out online. I've always known more guys than girls anyways since some girls, when I was growing up, thought that I was weird bc I was into guy things. I love to play video games, and I'm into anime, and some girls thought that it was too weird for them, but bc of those couple of "odd" traits I have some of the coolest guy friends I could ask for. They are like my other brothers. I love them so much, and I love when I can finally beat someone in a game, even if it is just a fluke.
The girl friends that I do have aren't super girly either. My best friend, if she could, would wear her scrubs to the wedding and just kick back like that. She is one of the coolest people ever, but I'll talk more about her tomorrow. She's so awesome she gets her own blog
Whenever you see these special people in your life hug them. Whenever I see my friends I always give them a big hug and a big smile, bc I am so truly happy to see them. When you're surrounded by toddlers all day, seeing another human that you can intellectually converse w/ is an awesome thing! I don't get to see my friends as much as I would want, bc so many of us have conflicting schedules or we don't live that close to one another, but when we do get together it's some of the best times I've had. My friends always know how to make me laugh and make me smile, and I am so grateful for them.
For all of my friends that are reading this, please know, I love you so much. You are amazing and I am so truly grateful for you and humbled, bc you are an awesome person. All of my friends are awesome and amazing people. I can't wait to see you guys at the wedding, and if you aren't coming then I promise to post tons of pictures so it'll be like you were there :)
No comments:
Post a Comment