Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Disney Nerd

I grew up on Disney when I was little. When I was sick when I was little I would watch the Little Mermaid all the time. I would watch that movie every single day. I never stopped loving Disney and I was never afraid to tell people who my favorite Disney princess was, and that's changed a lot as I've grown. My favorite princess used to be Ariel. then Aurora, then Belle, and now it's Rapunzel.
My love for Disney has grown as I have aged. I hate how some people think that if you're little girl grows up on Disney princesses that they're going to be spoiled little girls w/ unrealistic expectations. It is the parents job to keep them from being spoiled and the parents job to keep them from expecting too much. If they want to be president or walk on the moon one day, then tell the kid they can, but they hafta work hard for it show the other kids that they want it more. It is not the television's job to teach your kids how to live. That is the parents job. If the parents want the kid to grow up watching and loving Disney like I have then that's wonderful, but don't forget about the other responsibilities that w/ being a parent.
I watch Disney Junior a lot during the week when I watch Sean and Emily. I have to admit that I like the Disney Junior shows much better than I like the normal Disney shows. I watched Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverley Place, Lizzie McGuire, That's so Raven, Even Stevens, Phil of the Future, and a ton more. Those shows were amazing, and now they have just a bunch of crap on there. The titles for the shows now aren't even that creative.
I'm gonna stop ranting though, and tell you why I love the princesses that have been my favorites. I loved Ariel, because my parents would call me a mermaid. I loved being in the water and I loved swimming, even though Ariel didn't want to be a mermaid anymore, I still wanted to be like her. I loved Aurora because I'm a sucker for a romantic story. Lately she's become my least favorite, but I loved her dress at the end, and that's all I got right now haha. I loved Belle because she is a book worm, and I related a lot to her. She always wants to see the good in people, people think that she's weird and out of her mind, but she falls in love w/ someone and people don't get it. At first people didn't get why I loved Chris because he was so quiet all the time. Belle brought the good out in the beast. That's why she was my favorite for so long, and honestly it's a tie for her and Rapunzel. I LOVE Rapunzel! I relate to Belle the most but, the way Rapunzel acts is very similar to how I act. She plays w/ animals, and she's not the most graceful, but she trusts easily, and I do that as well. She only wants to protect and keep the ones she loves happy, and that's me in a nut shell.
I can't wait for our Disney cruise. Chris has told me that I need to get a pillow case and some markers and give it to guest services and all of the characters on board will sign it! I can't wait for this cruise. Chris went on a cruise a few years ago and always said how wonderful it was, and we decided that we wanted to go on a cruise for our honeymoon, and what's better than a Disney cruise!?!? There is a pirate deck party and fireworks at night and so much more. There is an amazing restaurant on board that's based off of Ratatouille called Remy, and there are such subtle details and hints of that movie through out the pics that I have seen of this restaurant. I am ready for this cruise haha. Chris and I plan on doing more if we have fun and visiting Disney World and maybe even Disney World in Tokyo and in Paris one day too.
I want my kids to grow up w/ Disney just like I did. I don't care about all of the criticism that the princesses get or anything else like that. I am 23 and I grew up on Disney and still watch Disney while I'm sick or if I've just  had a bad day, and it always makes me feel better. I like to think that I have turned out just fine, and I have other friends that love Disney just as much (if not more so sometimes) as I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment