Saturday, March 2, 2013

Our Love Story (thus far)

I don't know if a lot of you know, but Chris and I weren't each others biggest fans. He started going to Liberty Middle in eighth grade after moving here from Texas. I've been stuck here just about my whole life. We had a lot of mutual friends, but we never talked. We had the same home room, but we still didn't really talk. He took one of my friends (at the time) on a "date" and my friend came back and she said that it sucked and it wasn't that cool and other stuff like that. My opinion of Chris in the eighth grade was that he was kinda lame if he didn't like my friend after that "date". He told me (after we started going out), that he didn't have a high opinion of me either bc of the current guy that I was dating. He thought that my boyfriend at that time was a complete loser and a loser would only date him (basically).
In 9th grade a lot happened really quick. We had 2 classes together and home room together again. My older brother was also dating a girl that was in the same theater class as Chris's sister. I had ended the relationship w/ the other guy, and I was starting to like Chris, but I liked someone else too. I started talking to him bc I saw him reading a manga that looked pretty neat, and that was what started our first few conversations. I also began to notice he was into Legend of Zelda, which was awesome. He was doing a movie for his English class, and he wanted me in it w/ him, so I was filling out this character profile sheet while we were in history and he sat in front of him. I asked him what my relationship to his character was and he said "you're my girlfriend". Yeah. I blushed and I did my best to hide it. My brother's girlfriend and Chris's sister were trying to get us together. At one point in time my brother's girlfriend told me to ask him out since he was too shy to ask me out bc that's what Chris's sister had said, and I did. I wrote him a letter and I asked him. He never wrote me back so I called him that afternoon when I got home (and I was grounded from the phone at the time), and he said "okay".
  It was so cute. It took us about a month to start holding hands, and then a month after that we had our first kiss. We started going out on October 8, 2004. It was FOREVER ago, but I still remember all of it so clearly.
Let's fast forward about 4.5 years to May 20, 2008. This was our high graduation. We had talked about getting engaged on this night, bc I loved that episode of Boy Meets World, but I didn't wanna propose to him. I wanted him to ask my dad (he didn't but that's okay). Graduation sucked. I'm gonna be honest. I was wearing these heels that I still hadn't broken in and we were standing backstage of the arena for what felt like ages, and then we finally got to take our seats. I sat kind of diagonal from Chris, so I was still able to bug him, and I was second to last. After sitting through about 700 people walking and the speeches before that, getting up to get my diploma real quick wasn't too bad.
Both our families went to an Italian restaurant afterwards to celebrate. We had the whole upstairs, and this was the first time our families had met, and it's not the last. While we were eating our parents decided to kind of toast us, and at the end of that Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him :) I had told some people that it may happen, but it was still a HUGE shock to others, and when I go back to look at some of the pictures; I love the looks on their faces. Utter surprise.
Now we're about 2 months out of our next great milestone. Chris is going to graduate, and we're going to get married. It's been a long time coming, but I can't wait to start this next adventure w/ him

No comments:

Post a Comment