Makeup is something that I have loved for as long as I can remember. There was one time when my family went to the beach one summer when I was little. We made a pit stop at my mom's best friend's house. That night my mom and her friend let me and her daughter give them makeovers. I was only 4 or 5, so it was a clown from the 80s kinda makeover.
My best friend when I was little got to use makeup before me, so when I would go over to her house I would play w/ it. Another one of my friends in school brought makeup to school, so she would let me borrow her makeup and I would go to the bathroom and put it on. My mom got mad at me when I would sneak makeup on. I didn't start wearing makeup until I got into the 8th grade. I remember the first palette my mom got me, as well the blush and the lip gloss and the pencil liner. I was so happy! I had always wanted to wear makeup
After I graduated from high school I found this wonderful makeup guru on youtube who goes by the screen name xsparkage. I watch all of her tutorials just about. She's done a series on Twilight characters, Disney princesses, Hunger Games district inspired looks, and all kinds of other inspired looks. I have learned a lot about makeup and the best ways to apply makeup from her.
When I was in D.C. in 2007 we were in a big mall near the Pentagon, and I went into a Sephora for the first time, and I found an amazing pencil eye liner from a brand called Urban Decay, and we never got a place around here that sold Urban Decay until Ulta opened. I was soo happy, and my makeup guru loves using Urban Decay. They have amazing products, and they don't test on animals either.
One reason why I love makeup is that you can hide how terrible you're feeling. You could have a fever of 101 and look like you're ready for a night out if you wanted. You can hide blemishes or pimples or even birth marks or freckles that you don't want to be seen. You can make yourself look as pretty as you want. You can even make yourself look like someone else if you know how to do it right.
When it came time to start planning out the wedding I wasn't sure about getting a makeup artist. Chris and I are on a tight budget, and I'm pretty confident in how I do my makeup, but my photographer recommended a couple, and the one I chose uses some Urban Decay products, and is even part of the Urban Decay professional artist program. If it wasn't for the fact that I really wanted to have airbrushed makeup on the wedding day I would be getting her to put the new Urban Decay Naked foundation on me. That stuff is amazing!
One thing that goes hand in hand w/ makeup is facial cleanser and stuff like that. Right now I use St. Ives for just normal every day wash when I haven't worn any or not a lot of makeup, but when I do wear makeup I use Mary Kay's Velocity and the Velocity moisturizer I use every night. Every now and then I'll do a mask or I'll buy some pore strips for my nose. I would really like to try Urban Decay's makeup remover one day. The only thing about Urban Decay is it can get a little pricey. The foundation I mentioned earlier runs at about $40. I fully believe though that Urban Decay products are worth every penny. They are true high quality products.
If you can't tell I am a huge Urban Decay lover. I have the Book of Shadows IV right now and some of the colors are almost out, and are just for this set, which kinda sucks. I went to Ulta yesterday and looked at replacing it w/ a similar color and one eye shadow is $18. Their shadows are special and very rich and apply wonderfully. They've just updated their formula for these new eye shadows and fall out is supposed to be less w/ newer shadows. If I just had $500 to blow I would buy so much of their stuff. I'm also wanting to try smashbox and too faced as well, so I would try a couple of those products as well.
I hope that you liked this little insight of how crazy I am over makeup :D
No comments:
Post a Comment