Friday, March 22, 2013

Photography!!!

I love taking pictures. I was so happy when I got my first camera when I was in high school. I would love to have a serious Nikon DSLR camera, and learn real photography, but all I have is a point and shoot, and I don't really have that anymore. Not only is this post about photography, but my sad history w/ all of my cameras.
My first camera was a silver kodak. I loved it, and I used it all the time. My junior year I was historian of the French club, and I wasn't able to make it out to the building of the float for our homecoming parade, so I handed it to a friend. She came back and gave it to me, and the screen was just white. It stopped working. My friend said she just went to turn it on and the screen was white, and she didn't do anything, that it just happened. That was the end of that camera.
I gotta second camera that following Christmas and this time it was a blue kodak point and shoot. I loved this camera, and then I had culinary my senior year. I put my camera in my breast pocket while I washing dishes. I bent over and then my camera slipped out of my pocket and into the sink full of dish water. Then that camera was done.
My third camera was amazing. Chris got me this fantastic Olympus Stylus Tough point and shoot. It was water proof, shock proof, dust proof, and Rachel resistant in other words. I adored this camera. It was my favorite and I loved taking underwater pictures with this camera. Chris wrapped it in 5 different boxes for me to open the Christmas after I got my blue one. My parents took it to San Antonio w/ them for my younger brother's graduation from basic, and then lost it there. I was so mad and so upset that I had lost the best camera.
Later I got a Canon point and shoot. This was another amazing camera. I bought this one. I didn't get it for Christmas, but I got it just for me, and I wasn't going to let anyone use it. It wasn't water proof and all that like the other one, but it was still awesome. Last year when I was taking Sugar out for her last day I was recording her. I put my camera down while it was on, and my phone rang and it surprised me, and my camera fell off of my lap and hit the lens first. The camera still works, but I can't zoom in anymore or the camera just shuts off. I'm hoping to get a new camera after we get married.
One of my favorite things to take pictures of was flowers. I know people that do photography professionally may say that's easy and what not, but I just loved the fact that I could capture the beauty of a flower w/ a camera. I was always very proud of the pictures I would take of flowers. I also kinda did my younger brother's wedding. Those are some pretty decent pictures. I was proud of them. The lighting in the court house sucked, and I had a point and shoot, so some of them aren't that awesome, but I am still proud of a few of them.
I want to learn how to use a manual zoom and focus. I want to learn how to use lighting and all of that. If I ever got into it so much I would love to be a photographer on the side. I just love taking pictures. I'm also so happy that I have the coolest photographer for the wedding.
I guess that's really all I have to say about photography. If you have any tips or pointers please tell me then!

No comments:

Post a Comment