Friday, March 8, 2013

Honeymoon Cruise Expectations

For our amazing honeymoon Chris and I are going on a Disney Cruise! I have never been on a cruise before, but I am looking forward to it. Chris has been on a cruise, and he's always said how much fun he had on it. I've always been a huge Disney fan, so I thought it would be fantastic if we didn't go on a normal cruise, but a Disney Cruise.
We are going on a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the new Disney Fantasy! We visit St. Maarten, St. John, and St. Thomas, as well as Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. We will have 3 days at sea as well. If you are planning on doing a cruise w/ Disney, please know that it isn't the cheapest cruise line out there. If you're looking for a cruise to go on that's cheap, this isn't it. We are lucky and are surrounded by people that love us enough to pay for this honeymoon. If you want to know how much it was please send me a message, but I am not going to put that here.
We embark on May 18th (one week after the wedding) close to 4 in the afternoon. The first 2 days after that will be spent at sea. After that we spend a day at St. Maarten, and then the day after that we go to St. Thomas and St. John, then we leave and spend another day at sea, then a day a Castaway Cay, and we leave and get home.
Here are a couple of things that we have planned! We are going to the adult dining restaurants Palo and Remy. Remy is an 8 course meal, and cocktail attire kinda restaurant. I gotta dress just for it. Palo you would need to wear something like nice Sunday church clothes. We're also gonna get a massage. There are some amazing places on this ship though. There are close to 10 adult only bars! There are also 2 really neat other restaurants that we'll eat at called Animators Palate and the Enchanted Garden. Animators Palate starts out w/ black and white walls and sketches on them, but then the wall starts to light up and colors are added. You'll hafta do a youtube search for it. The Enchanted Garden has performances and the ceiling changes as well. These places are a part of our rotational dining.
Now, most people thing, Disney cruise, that means kids right? Wrong. We may see kids when we go to eat and maybe at pools every now and then, but there is a whole deck dedicated to kids, so if the kids don't wanna see their parents or the parents don't feel like dealing w/ kids they disappear.
Our room also has a private verandah that I am looking forward to sitting and reading a book on. The bathroom in the 2 are kinda split. We have a bathroom and a half. In one bathroom you have a sink and toilet, and the other you have a shower/bath and a sink. I'm look forward to that.
I still want to lose some weight before the cruise. In fact, I hafta. I bought a dress for Remy that is a little small, and I just need to lose about 5-10lbs to fit into it. We may need to take it out a smidgen  but I still want to lose a bit. I also want to be able to put a bikini on and feel confident wearing it. We may go snorkeling, but some of the port adventures are RIDICULOUSLY expensive.
I'm looking forward to it though. I am super excited that I get to have the honeymoon of my dreams bc I am blessed to have such amazing people around me who were willing to provide this for Chris and me. If you're reading this thank you so much, I'm sure I've already said it lots though, but we really appreciate it.
Right now it's a sunny 72 in Castaway Cay, and we have 71 days until the cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment