Before Chris and I have kids I would love to travel some. If we move up to Baltimore I would love to take Chris to D.C. since he has never been there. I'm gonna tell you some places I want to go here in the U.S. I want to go to New York and see a musical. I've always wanted to go there. I would love to visit the city my dad grew up near, Pittsburgh. I have been dying to visit a ton of places in California as well. If I could ever go there I would go to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, and a ton of beaches there. I would love to be able to visit my younger brother and his wife in Las Vegas. I think it would be a blast to visit New Orleans as well. If you can't tell, I haven't been to a lot of places. The farthest west I have been is Texas, and the farthest north is D.C. I have been to Hawaii as well, and I'm grateful for that, but I must explose more!
Paris. Paris is the number one place I have dying to go my whole life, just like I've been dreaming to get married and have the perfect wedding, I've been dreaming of vacationing in Paris as well. I used to read stories about Madeline when I was younger, and I have no idea though what got me so hooked onto the French culture. I took French in high school, and I love learning the language and the culture. It's so fascinating to me. I've told Chris, that if I have been given a week to live, to get me on the first plane out to Paris. I really don't want to die w/out visiting this city and seeing it's sites and taking in it's history. I don't care if it stinks. This is a life long dream of mine, and I will see it one day. When we went over all the fun historical places in my French class I just kept thinking about how much I wanted to go there one day.
Another place that Chris and I would like to visit is Japan. I started having an interest in the Japanese culture when I started getting into anime. I had a friend at the time who was really big into the culture and trying to teach herself Japanese, so I learned a few things about the culture from her. I think that their fashion is really neat there, and that their technology is through the rough. I only just found out that the country has the highest suicide rate because of their honor system type of culture. It just seems so foreign to me, and it intrigues me at the same time. I love learning about this kind of stuff. Chris has been working on teaching himself Japanese for the past year or so, and I think he's doing pretty well.
I would love to visit Italy and Germany one day as well. I want to visit Italy because of the history and the food (lol). There is so much beauty there, and I would love to see Venice and see how much of it really is under water w/ my own eyes. I want to see where some of Ancient Rome was, and I would love to visit the Vatican since I was raised Catholic, and since I'm sure that the cathedral is jaw dropping-ly beautiful. I would love to visit Germany since that's where a lot of my heritage originated there. I would also like to try the beer. I have yet to find a beer that I like. I've tried all kinds, and maybe (just maybe) Germany has the beer I'm looking for. I haven't studied much about Germany and the places to visit or sites to see, but I'm sure that there are tons. Sandy is German, and has been a few times, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind telling me what to do.
I believe that there is a Disney park at each of these locations some where, and I want to visit them as well. I want to see each country's take on Disney and what they have to offer. I really am a nerd, aren't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment