Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our Bridal Shower!

I am so super pooped right now. I didn't sleep well last night since I was so excited for the shower today. I was so happy that I was going to be able to wear my Grandma Zink's pearls. They're too much of an off white for me to wear during the wedding, so I'm trying to wear them for other stuff leading up to the wedding.
My amazing flute teacher that I have known since the fall of 2002 threw it at her house, and my bridesmaids that are here in town helped her w/ everything, and almost all of them wore dresses. The ones that I didn't expect to wear a dress wore one, and the one I expected to wear one didn't so that was kind of funny.
The games were hilarious. There was one the I pinned on pinterest where Chris is asked questions, and I hafta guess what his answers are. When I get one right I get a smartie and when I get one wrong I hafta put a piece of gum in my mouth, and Miss Becca (flute teacher) got marshmallows instead of gum because of my TMJ. I gotta about 50% of them right, and I think I had like 10 or so marshmallows shoved in my mouth. One of the other games was where all of the ladies had to put a plate on their head, and they were supposed to draw what they think I'm going to look like in my dress w/out moving the plate, and Chris and I got to judge the winner of that, and the the other funny game was all of the ladies dividing into 2 teams and designing a wedding dress out of toilet paper and tape, and Chris and I judged that as well. The last one Chris and I had to leave the room and everyone had to remember what we were wearing.
The cake was beautiful and Daphne made us sausage balls bc they are AWESOME. I don't know why but every time we get together she has to or her mom has to make them. I love eating them. The punch was also wonderful as well.
We got some amazing gifts. We got a really pretty bakery entertaining set. It's got a cupcake tin, casserole dishes, and bowls. Then we also got a Gorden Ramsey pots and pans set, TV trays, silverware, dish ware, colander, lotsa towels. I finally got my turquoise tea pot that I have shown to almost everyone, and a really nice crock pot. We have some really nice wall art now as well. I have an iron that I get to use that I'm excited about :D We got some monogrammed coasters. I also got a beautiful crystal penguin thing.
We are so blessed and so thankful for all of the wonderful people we are surrounded by. I love my friends and family. I hate that there were some people that weren't able to make it, but I'm sure I will see them for the wedding.
Sandy went above and beyond and crafted a beautiful dream catcher. She took the thumb print guest book idea and went way out of the box w/ it. On the dream catcher is a tree, and then there are feather like leaves that are coming down from the dream catcher w/ the thumb prints and peoples names on the back. She also crafted a date night box for Chris and me, as well as a bouquet that I am going to use for the rehearsal.
Miss Becca set up a photo booth in her sun room, and we all had fun w/ that. I had pictures taken w/ everyone. I can't wait to see what all the pictures are going to be.
Everyone was awesome and so wonderful. Truly, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. We have 8 weeks to go now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment