I have had the pleasure of knowing Sandy since 6th grade. We sat next to each other when all of the elementary schools in the Madison City school district got their bands together to put on a concert, and I sat next to this girl who has braids all in her hair.
We got to know each other a little bit in 7th grade, but we started to become real good friends in 8th grade. We had a couple of classes together, and we had some friends in common. We also got to go to Disney World together. While we were in Disney World Sandy wore her bondage pants and a Happy Bunny hoodie. Finally we got to be in band together in 9th grade so we got to hang out even more.
When we got to high school I went through this stupid phase, and for some reason I didn't want Sandy as a friend. I don't know why, and to this day I still want to kick myself in the face for what I did to her. Luckily, Sandy understand I do stupid things and still wanted to be my friend.
There was one time when we had lunch together in high school and she was sitting across from me, and Chris was sitting next to me, and I told her everything that I had gotten Chris for Valentine's Day in a normal speaking voice, and I also raised my voice a little since the lunchroom was loud, and Chris had no idea what I was saying! Sandy and I still joke about it.
If anyone ever gets to meet this girl, be thankful. She is one of the sweetest and most generous people I have ever met. She doesn't really hate people, but don't piss her off. She may have a sweet voice, but she can get scary sometimes. She's in her last semester of nursing school right now, and I'm so proud of her for getting this far. She is an extremely hard worker and a perfectionist at times.
Sandy knows how to play flute like I do, and she also can play piano very well, she's been learning violin and drums as well. She can also draw and paint, and I can't. I can't even draw a stick figure correctly.
It was a no-brainer when I chose her to be my maid of honor. She is the best person I can rely on to help keep my head on shoulders and not become a bridezilla. I told her if I am a bridezilla at all that she has full permission to smack me across the face, but having been planning this wedding for over a year has helped keep the bridezilla moments at bay. She's also going to be a nurse, and I am a clutz, so having a nurse right there by my side is definitely a plus.
Sandy has been through a lot in her life. She hasn't really dated much, and there was one time when a guy broke her heart, and all of her friends and I were ready to go and plan a murder. No one messes w/ her. After everything Sandy has been through I am so glad that she is still the sweetest person I know. I'm also extremely happy that I get to make her wear a dress for the wedding :P She never really wears dresses. She almost always wears a jeans and a t-shirt or her scrubs, and she's really starting to chose her scrubs more, and I don't blame her. Those are really comfortable. I'm trying to remember (other than prom) when I saw her in a dress last, and it's been awhile.
All in all though, Sandy is one of the best people I have had the pleasure of knowing for a long time. I am truly humbled to have such great friends in my life. She is a sister I never had, and she is a wonderful person to go to for advice. Her and Chris get along great, and sometimes they both kinda gang up on me and make fun of me, but in a playful manner. Thank you Sandy, for always being by my side, and for being by my side when I get to marry Chris. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment