Monday, March 4, 2013

Most Amazing Nana EVER

Today is my Nana's 75th birthday, and she doesn't like a day older than 60. My Nana is my one of the coolest and best people I've had the pleasure of knowing.
When I was little I used to spend every weekend w/ her. We would play dominios or crazy 8s. We would eat where ever I wanted, and we would always go shopping. She used to take me to Tennessee a bunch to visit her sisters, and I loved it. Her sister's husband would always great me by singing a song "Oh Rachel Rachel I've been thinking, what a great world this would be, if all the men were transported far beyond the deep blue sea!" Every time I saw that I would here that, and then he would take me for a ride on his motorcycle. There was a bunch of family up there, and every now and then Nana's sisters would come and stay w/ her. On my junior prom they were here and they brought my cousin. When I was visiting her often she was 3-4 and she loved playing w/ me. I would wear her out before bed so she would go to sleep just fine. When I saw her for my junior prom she was grown up just about, and now she's like17, and it's so weird.
Awhile ago my Nana moved out to Meridianville so she could be closer to my uncle to help him out, and it sucked. I remember I called her up crying telling her not to, but she did. It was hard going all the way there (it's about a 20mi drive out), and back. I missed her, and I hate that I didn't have a good paying job so I could go out there more, and then in 2011 Nana decided to move back closer to us. I was so super happy.
Last spring my parents moved in w/ her, and Nana has told me she loves it. She was always living on her own, and I worry about her, so w/ my parents w/ her I wasn't as worried. It was also really good for my mom since our old house had stairs, and Nana lives in a one story. Walking and getting around has been much easier for my mom and I've seen improvements in her health.
My Nana is awesome though. She had a sweet dog named Prissy, she got this sweet dog w/ the intention of breeding her so I could have a little puppy. My dream when I was little was to have a small white dog named Sugar. My mom and my Nana researched dogs, and wanted to get a hypo-allergenic dog, and Maltese were the best. I had asthma and allergy issues growing up, and mom didn't want me sleeping w/ a dog that would shed and make my asthma act up. Prissy was put down a few years ago, and Sugar was put down back in September. Sugar lived to be over 14, and Prissy was about the same age when we put her down too. I miss Sugar so much, but I am so thankful to have a Nana that is willing to do that for me.
She also moved out to Madison city, so she could be our (my brothers and me) legal guardian. We were zoned for Huntsville city schools and they sucked, so when Nana moved we used her address and started going to Madison city schools.
She's had a huge part in my wedding as well. If it wasn't for my Nana a lot of stuff wouldn't be happening. She's been so helpful and so generous that I don't know if I can ever tell her how grateful I am.
It truly is a blessing to have someone so giving and loving and kind in your life. She is my hero and I love her more. I sometimes think that I don't deserve such an awesome person in my life, but God put her there for some reason, and I hope that it's to teach me to be more like her. She really is one of the best people I know, and I don't ever want her to go, but I've decided. When my kids have kids I will be Nana, and I will try and imitate my Nana's generosity and kindness and patience, bc trust me. If you had to deal w/ me when I was younger you needed lots of it.
Happy birthday Nana. I love you most :)

No comments:

Post a Comment