Now I'm gonna cover the rest of my awesome family. My parents are kinda awesome. Now, I do want to strangle them at times too, but that's any family member, right?
My mom has had it rough these past couple of years. She's had a lot of issues w/ her knees, and health in general. When I was growing up she was going to work and school full time. My dad did a lot in her absence, but my mom still managed to be there for us. She still came to basketball games, dance recitals, baseball games, music recitals, and in honor ceremony. She was there for all of us in spite of her busy life. She took me to almost all of my flute lessons as well. She came to as many football games to see march as she could, but that's when her health did begin to start getting to her, was when I was in high school. My dad did a lot of the cooking and some cleaning. My brothers and I were the ones who did cleaning, granted, I hated cleaning. I still did it though, bc if I wanted someone to come over I had to clean the whole house, and even if I wanted to go out my room had to be clean.
My parents have had it rough. My mom's health got real bad in 2011. She had to quit her job, and then my dad lost his too. He ended up getting a minimum wage job to try and help them, but it didn't work. They lost their house this time last year. They had to give up 2 dogs, and now they live w/ my nana. My dad did get a better job and is an electrician again, but it's still hard on them. He gotta car a couple of years ago, and he's had nothing but problems w/ it. My mom wants to work again too, and I really think she can one day.
My mom and I have had a rocky relationship. We fight the same. We start screaming and are determined to hurt the other person. We had some really bad fights before I moved and a REALLY bad one last year, but since her health has gotten better, so has our relationship. She's been really helpful w/ the wedding and what not, and has been more supportive as well. I'm really proud of how far she's come this past year w/ her health. She still has a long way to go, but I know she can do it.
My dad and I have always been close. I've been a daddy's girl for as long as I can remember. We went to a couple of daddy daughter dances when I was in brownies. I can talk to my dad about anything and he won't pass judgement...most of the time lol. He's had a lot of life experiences, so it's easy to talk to him. He always knows how to make me laugh, even if I'm pissed off at him in particular, he will make me laugh. He is where I get my stubbornness from. He can be a real butt head sometimes, but that's just part of his-uh...charm. Yeah, we'll call it charm.
Like my brothers though, I wouldn't trade my parents. They have been there for just about everything, and one of the happiest moments is going to be when my dad gives me away in a couple of months. I love my parents and I am proud of them, and proud to be their daughter
No comments:
Post a Comment