I would watch my two brothers play video games all day long, so how could I not want to join in? I played fighting games w/ them, first person shooters, and racing games. Then I we would take turns watching the other one play something like Ocarina of Time or a Final Fantasy game. Whenever we played games that we could all play I would always lose. I was a practice dummy, and I never memorized moves that well for fighting games, so I would just mash the buttons and hope for the best. It wasn't until Super Smash Bros. started coming out that I started to memorize moves, but the thing about this game is all the characters shared the same button sequence, so you would hafta know how this character would work to use them efficiently. I always chose Link until Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out. I started using Zelda, and was pretty good at her. She was in Melee, but I would still use Link more than Zelda.
My favorite games when I was growing up had to be (in no particular order) Snowboarding Kids, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, Final Fantasy VII, Vigilante X, Road Rash, F-0 X, Super Smash Bros, and any Mario Party game. Those were some of my old time favorites, but the list has grown so much as I've grown. I remember when my older brother got Ocarina of Time in 1998. We had a really bad ice storm that year, so we had no power during Christmas, but oddly, our neighbors did. They were out of town and left Phillip a key so that he could watch their cat, but he took the N64 over there and played it as well. One more Christmas comes to mind, and that was when Phillip got Final Fantasy X. He opened it, and after opening all of his other gifts he went upstairs to play it. He played for a solid 10-12hrs straight that day. He was playing when I went to bed and his eyes were completely blood shot.
After my brother moved out him and Josh got into World of Warcraft. That game sucked out their soul! My little brother would wake up early so that my dad could take him over to my Nana's so he could play all day, and then dad would pick him up on his way home. My Nana had a better computer and he shared an account w/ Phillip (I think). I never got into it, but I did start playing another online game called Ragnarok. I have made some awesome friends on that game. Those friends are Michael and Peter. Michael is one of Chris's groomsmen, and Peter...he's Peter. I can't talk much about Peter w/out sharing some dirty details. He's a piece of work and I love him. I can trust him w/ anything and I know I can talk to him about any and everything. He's one of my best friends and I've never met him, and he lives in Miami. Michael is just cool. He is just so damn cool, and ripped. He does gymnastics and parkour. We've only hung out w/ him for 2 days while we went and visited him in San Antonio. I can't wait for them to come to our wedding!
I don't play Ragnarok anymore really. I miss it a lot, but I haven't gamed at all lately. I did get Guild Wars II for Christmas, but I haven't played it that much recently, and we used to play League of Legends a whole bunch last year, but that's taken a back seat as well.
I'm not a good gamer, but I'm a gamer. I'm not one of the slutty girl gamers that sits around in naughty lingerie holding a controller in her hand a suggestive way. I sit slouched on the couch mashing buttons and yelling at the TV or the computer when things don't go my way. I sit around w/ my friends playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl laughing my butt off because of how much I'm getting my ass kicked. I know I'm not the best but I seriously enjoy the game. That's what it's all about in the end, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment