Chris and I will be moving. We aren't sure where though. We'll either be in Nashville or we'll still be here. We're hoping Nashville.
I have lived here in Madison my whole life. I have friends since before kindergarten. Whenever Chris and I drive down the road I can tell him what used to be what and what roads used to not exist. The Arby's on the corner of Hughes and 72 used to be a Wavajo gas station when I was little. When we first moved into our house off of Balch there used to be nothing between Wall Triana and the Wal-Mart on up on University close to Research Park, and Research Park wasn't even called that, it was called Rideout Rd. There is just so much that has changed, and I've witnessed it all, but I'm ready to move. I'm ready for a fresh start.
Don't get me wrong though. I love all the friends, family, and the memories that I have here, but it's time for some new friends and some new memories. It's scary to think of being in a whole new city not knowing the back roads and ins and outs of places and little shortcuts that shave a bit of time off of rush hour. I know just about every single street and neighborhood around the Madison area. If you're deep in a subdivision I'll google your address, but most of the time I know exactly where I'm going and exactly how I'm going to get there in the best way. If we move to Nashville then I will have to learn all of the shortcuts for Nashville and everything else.
The only thing about living in the Huntsville/Madison area for as long as I have is that there isn't much to do at all. We have the Space and Rocket Center, but when you're in elementary school they're gonna kill it for you quickly. You're gonna go at least once a year. As an adult I haven't heard of that many good bars that I would like to try, and I've heard the worst terror stories about Sammy T's and if you wanna get raped that's where you go. I know that there are all kinds of things for Chris and I to do in Nashville. There are tons of bars, and good local restaurants. There are a few amazing ones around here, but there aren't as many.
I'm scared though. If we move to Nashville we're gonna be 2hrs away from family. We're gonna be on our own, and I'm used to always being surrounded by family. I think it'll be fantastic for Chris and I as newly weds, but it's still a thought that makes me nervous. I can't wait to be in our own place and for us to decorate and all of that. I can't wait for Tora to have free range over a house and us not worrying about her terrorizing the other animals or getting into stuff she shouldn't.
We still aren't sure where we're going and it's driving us crazy. We want to start making concrete plans and getting stuff ready, but at the same time I'm hesitant. I'm gonna start having to go through a lot of my stuff and getting rid of it. Chris isn't going to want all of my stuffed animals on our bed, and he's not gonna want glow in the dark flowers on our ceiling. I know it's time to start getting rid of stuff, but it's sad and it's also kind of rejuvenating at the same time. It's sad to give up your childhood, but it's awesome to live your childhood dream of having the wedding of your dreams to the man of your dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment